Monday, November 22, 2010

ARRL sweeps 2010 on the homebrew 20m SSB transceiver

Worked 68 stations during sweeps this weekend on the homebrew 20m SSB transceiver, 40 watts PEP on one band only. This was the first time i have operated sweeps. My goal was 100 but i had to do some auto repairs on sunday that got in the way while the band was open.

Worked many stations well into Sunday evening. I greatly appreciate the operators who were patient enough to receive my exchange, sometimes letting me try it numerous times through the QRM. It was fairly easy making contacts during the day but the evening was challenging.

For next year: I am considering building a large solid state power amplifier or adding 80m capability because the frequency plan should facilitate both 80 and 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment