Saturday, July 14, 2012

Attention UC Davis Students: sign up now for EEC193 Senior Design Project: FMCW Radar, based on and expanded on the MIT Build a Radar Course


Xiaoguang Liu lxgliu@ucdavis.edu
Jul 4 (10 days ago)
to me
Hi Greg

I'd like to give you a little update on the project. Obviously as you already know, I've convinced our department to open an experimental senior design course using your radar kit (and thank you for putting links to our flyer on your website). 

So far we have a pretty good turn out with 16 registered students and probably more coming (I've set an upper limit of 20). This is quite significant given that our total EE students are around 80-90. 

Over the last quarter, I worked with a group of undergraduate student to build the radar and got some initial results (http://www.ece.ucdavis.edu/~lxgliu/sd_radar/2012fall/UCDavis_ECE_RF_SeniorDesign.pdf). As you can see we are using some really big horns because the students think they look really cool. 

Right now, I'm trying to get external support for the course. So I wonder if you could include a link to the project public webpage (http://ucdart.net/Teaching) in your blog entry and your cantenna radar webpage. 

Have a great July 4th!

Best
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment